The 2018 Cells I See Art Contest is complete.
2018 contest rules:
1) Entries must be received by the deadline date and conform to requirements stipulated in the Submission Guidelines in order to be eligible for Prizes.
2) You are not required to make any purchase or pay any fee to enter or win the contest. You may only enter the contest if you are an individual and, at the time of entry: (1) you are a legal resident of Canada and (2) you are at least 18 years old.
3) CCRM and Stem Cell Network employees and their immediate families (i.e., their spouses, siblings, children, spouses’ parents, and the spouses of any of those individuals) and their household members (related or not), and anyone otherwise connected with the contest, are not eligible to enter the contest.
4) CCRM and Stem Cell Network may at any time in its sole discretion disqualify any entrant who: does not meet the contest’s eligibility criteria, fails to comply with these rules, attempts to enter the contest in any manner or through any means other than as described in these rules, attempts to disrupt the contest or attempts to circumvent any of these rules.
5) Each entry (digital or artwork) must be labeled with artwork title and the artist’s name, and accompanied by a completed entry form. All entries become the property of CCRM and Stem Cell Network. By submitting an entry form you are agreeing to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these rules.
6) Eligible entries will be displayed in two formats:
a) Online in the Cells I See Facebook photo stream (https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCRM/130979267000005?ref_type=bookmark) as part of the “People’s Choice” award selection, subject to receipt of no fewer than 250 total votes (“likes”) to the online gallery. Online judging will be available from September 17 to October 17, 2018, preceding the 2017 Till & McCulloch Meetings. Dates for online gallery opening and close of voting will be announced prior to the contest start.
b) Printed and displayed in the Art Gallery at the 2017 Till & McCulloch Meetings. Meeting attendees will judge entries in blind judging on November 12-14, 2017.
7) Prizes to be awarded: $750 Grand Prize to the winner who received the highest number of votes in the blind judging. Based on the outcome of the online voting (see 6 a), a “People’s Choice” award of $500 may also be announced. The Grand Prize winner may also be featured on the cover of the 2018 Till & McCulloch Meetings program (if applicable) as well as in the meeting’s promotional materials. In the event of a tie, the cash prize and promotional awards will be shared between the winners. The winning entry(s) will be announced at the Awards and Wrap-up session at the Till & McCulloch Meeting and posted to CCRM, Stem Cell Network, Till & McCulloch and/or Cells I See web sites.
8) By entering contest and submitting an entry you: (i) grant to CCRM and Stem Cell Network in perpetuity, a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully transferable/assignable license to reproduce, publish, display, transmit, communicate, perform, modify, edit or otherwise use the submitted artwork (the “Image”), in whole or in part, together with a right to sublicense any of the foregoing rights; (ii) waive all moral rights in and to the Image in favour of CCRM and Stem Cell Network; and (iii) agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless CCRM and Stem Cell Network from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the Image. For greater certainty, CCRM and Stem Cell Network reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time during the contest, to remove any Image if a complaint is received with respect to the Image, or for any other reason.You represent, warrant and covenant to CCRM and Stem Cell Network that you are the sole creator of the Image and that the Image does not infringe upon the rights of any third party.
9) Entries that have been digitally manipulated (“artwork”), 2D art (paintings, etchings, prints, etc.) and unmanipulated scientific images are all eligible for this contest, so long as they conform to all other guidelines stipulated herein.
11) To be deemed eligible, entries must depict stem cells or close derivatives (as interpreted by the artist) and must not present offensive or inappropriate subject matter.
12) Submission to this contest does not guarantee inclusion in the Cells I See gallery, due to space limitations.
13) CCRM and Stem Cell Network reserve the right to cancel or otherwise change the Cells I See contest at any time, without notice.
14) Failure to adhere to any of the rules as outlined may result in disqualification.
15) You consent to CCRM and Stem Cell Network using and disclosing your personal information for the purposes of administering the contest; advertising the contest and any future contest and any of CCRM and Stem Cell Network’s products and services; and for the other purposes described in these rules.
16) The rules will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada and the federal laws of Canada applicable in Ontario.